skip to Main Content

Assault ORC § 2903.13

Assault Defined:
  • Causing or attempting to cause,
  • Physical harm,
  • To another or their unborn child.

Felonious assault is distinguished from assault in that felonious assault entails serious physical injury. What distinguishes assault from aggravated assault is that aggravated assault results from serious provocation reasonably sufficient to incite a person into using deadly force.

Potential Penalties:

Assault is generally a misdemeanor of the first degree and can be punished by up to 180 days in prison and a fine of up to $1000.

At Funkhouser Law, from the moment a client walks through the door, we presume that they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. As such, we work hard to accomplish the most favorable outcome for each of our clients. If you have been accused of assault, please call Funkhouser Law for a free consultation with an experienced, peer-rated lawyer.

Back To Top